The YY Contest is a global social business plan competition that encourages innovation and creates synergy among participants of different cultures, ideas, beliefs and social realities in solving particular social problems through viable social business solutions. The YY Contest attracts young people who are proactive and view social business as a way to eradicate poverty.
This competition is based on an iterative cycle of idea generation, practical workshops, mentoring, cross-cultural collaboration, and presentations. It fosters partnership among competing groups, inculcating the value of collective action and selflessness on which Social Business is built upon. Synergy and integration of innovative social business solutions can dawn from bright young leaders, eager to make positive change in their community and abroad.
The winning idea will be showcased at the Young Challengers Meeting in Mexico City, 26 November 2014. This is a meeting held one day before the Global Social Business Summit 2014 for students and young professionals under the age of 30 years to discuss the concept of social business, network and develop own social business ideas.
- Teams of 2-4 people
- Participants must be 18-25 years old
- Participants must be interested in social business, contributing to the society, and solving social problems
- Students who are enrolled in a university, junior college, or vocational college in the participating countries or young people involved in youth platforms, interested in social business
- At least one member per team who can participate in the workshops held at the universities
- It is not necessary for the applicants to have prior knowledge about social business
- All workshops will be held in English. Presentation at the local and global final events will be given in English.
08-25 Sep Marketing and call for participants
26 Sep Application Submission
4 Oct Workshop 1 – Social Business 101 (half day)
11 Oct Workshop 2 – Designing the business plan (full day)
18 Oct Workshop 3 – Learn to pitch your idea (half day)
11-18 Oct Mentorship – 2 hours of mentorship per week from an assigned professional
29 Oct Final Event – Thailand Champions are announced
26 Nov Young Challengers Meeting – Winning idea is showcased in Mexico City
To stay updated on the contest, and to learn more about the business ideas generated by youth in Thailand, follow us on Facebook at YY Contest – Bangkok.
JOIN THE FINAL EVENT
This month’s YY Cocktail will feature three innovative social business ideas developed by youth from various universities in Thailand. A panel of judges, experts in social business and enterprise, will choose the winning idea to be showcased at the Young Challengers Meeting 2014 in Mexico City.
Come learn about social business and support the youth in Thailand
For those coming from AIT, two free vans will be available roundtrip. Please note this while registering.
Event is free of charge.
RSVP here: http://bit.ly/1CjPp3k