The Yunus Center at AIT (YCA) is pleased to announce an introductory social business workshop May 1 – 4, 2013 to be held at the Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumtani, Thailand. “Social Business 101 – Empowering Social Entrepreneurs” will serve as a crash course in social business for NGOs, SMEs, academia, corporate sector or private individuals from Thailand and around the region.
SB 101 provides professionals in the corporate sector to rethink about the way they do business by thinking creatively out-of-the box business models that address social problems and maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being. Social business is a more sustainable way to realize social and environmental goals which philanthropy finds difficult to achieve.
The four-day workshop consists of field visits, workshops, case studies and discussions led by highly qualified resource persons in cooperation with local partners. Participants will gain a basic understanding of social business, its operations and growth and will have the opportunity to:
1. Brainstorm, expand and evaluate social business ideas and opportunities
2. Learn from the best practices of successful social entrepreneurs
3. Become aware of the challenges and constraints in starting a social venture
4. Idealize a social business model that can be further developed and actualized into becoming a marketable social venture
5. Further receive incubation support from Yunus Center AIT after workshop completion