Cybersecurity attacks are one of the most pressing risks to businesses globally, and the level of threat from cybercriminals, script kiddies, and even nation-state actors is increasing daily. Businesses experience thousands of cybersecurity attacks per day, making knowledgeable cybersecurity professionals in demand and highly sought after.
With an unemployment rate of 0%, the global cybersecurity staffing shortage stands at 3 million and growing. IT security jobs are in plentiful supply and those with the right skills will be able to take their pick of the choicest jobs. As Robert Herjavec, Founder and CEO of Herjavec Group and Shark on ABC’s Shark Tank states, “If you know cybersecurity, then you have a guaranteed job – for life.”
Gain the Skills You Need to Get Into This High-Demand Career!
The Cyber Academy is a 15-week program designed to teach you the knowledge and skills you need to begin a career in cybersecurity. The curriculum is based on the belief that students learn best by doing, performing authentic work in the context of realistic tasks, with one-on-one mentorship to help guide the way.
100% Online Format: Students work through tasks in a private cloud environment, receiving help, advice and feedback from expert mentors at every step.
Real-World Training: Development of this 100% project-based program was funded in part by the Department of Defense, and the curriculum was designed in conjunction with DoD and industry experts.
Beyond Technical: Alongside technical skills, the curriculum includes a strong emphasis on analytical thinking, verbal and written communications skills, and developing the confidence and ability to research and solve complex problems.
Flexible Progress Paths: The program is divided into three courses, so you can make progress at the pace that’s right for you.
Who Should Enroll:
- Professionals looking to shift into an information security role.
- Anyone who wants to explore if a career in cybersecurity is right for them.
Are you still trying to figure out if the Cybersecurity Certificate Program is right for you?
- Cybercrime will cost the world $6 trillion by 2021 – and there simply aren’t enough skilled Cybersecurity professionals to counter the threat.
- “The demand for cybersecurity workforce is expected to rise to 6 million globally by 2019, with a projected shortfall of 1.5 million.” – Michael Brown, CEO at Symantec.
- Cybersecurity Ventures forecasts that there will be 3.5 million unfilled positions by 2021.
Stats on global Cybersecurity with focus on Thailand and Asia Pacific region. RSAC Conference
- Thailand IT Security Analyst salaries from THB 360,000 to as much as THB 540,000 (1-5 years of experience). Addeco expected ROI: >300%
- Singapore Cyber Security Analyst salaries on average S$ 60,000 and as much as S$ 124,000. Payscale expected ROI: >1000%
- And best news of all, graduates of the program have the opportunity of getting hired as mentors as well!
Your starting point is Cybersecurity: Immediate Immersion, where you’ll learn basic cybersecurity skills and decide if a career in information security is right for you. In this initial course, you’ll learn how to:
- Think like an attacker
- Exploit common website vulnerabilities
- Analyze network traffic at the packet level
- Recognize malware being transferred to a host
- Recognize the identifying features of an exploit kit attack
If you choose to pursue further cybersecurity education and passed Immediate Immersion, the next course in the series is Cybersecurity Defense which is designed to further students’ experience and impart a strong foundation of defensive information security skills. In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Analyze a remote intrusion attempt
- Compile indicators of compromise to guide forensics analysis
- Examine a compromised host’s memory
- Conduct a forensic disk examination
- Write a comprehensive report for technical and non-technical stakeholders
Upon successful completion, students receive a Cyber Academy Defense certificate and will be prepared for an entry-level career as a security operations center or digital forensics analyst.
Courses in this program must be taken in sequence. Students must pass the preceding course before they will be allowed to continue.
The ideal student is intensely curious, unwilling to give up on a problem no matter how difficult it is, and predisposed towards self-directed learning.
This is an intensive, learn-by-doing program. Students should expect to participate a minimum of 25 hours per week throughout the program.
No prior formal computer training is required, and many successful information security professionals have backgrounds in widely different fields. However, those without prior knowledge of computer networks, protocols, and operating systems fundamentals will need to complete pre-course self-study. Tutorial materials will be provided to registered students before the program begins.
This certificate is offered in collaboration with Socratic Arts.